Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Appeal

The harder I try to reach you… the baseball fans… the more difficult it becomes but like Papillion, I’m still here. And I know you're still there.

And know this. I’m still looking for you. You who love the game of baseball. You who pay for game day tickets and cable television. You who pay the wages of the players and owners and the unions and the television announcers? Yes you.

And do you know what? The game belongs to you. The history and the statistics belong to you… and me… the fans.

What will we do? Will we look the other way or will we unify so our voice can be heard? Will we stand up for the past, to show the future, that the now matters. Will we take a stand... in the stands... at the ballpark... for all to see.

Will you join us Los Angeles? Will you join us San Diego? Will you join us New York? Will you join us baseball fan? Let’s not look the other way. I did that once and I will not do it again.

Viva Hank and all those players who played it straight…

No comments: